I still remember the very first day I made my son some fish rolls.
He was so excited to taste this new food and was following me asking so many questions like …. How it looks like? How to make it? What are the ingredients we need?
Once I started making … then he wanted to help too. Specially, he wanted to cover the fish roll in sand (that’s how he called breadcrumbs 🙂 ).
When I started frying the fish rolls, he couldn’t wait till it gets fried. And as soon as the first one came out from the frying pan, he wanted to taste it. So, I had to stop frying the rest of the fish rolls and feed him the fried one, as it was too hot for him to handle.
He really enjoyed it and said ‘it’s one of my favorite food’.
I’m more than happy to share this recipe with you. You can add this as a snack for evening tea, breakfast/lunch for kids or as a party snack.
Try it and let me know how you liked it
For the Pancakes
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
For the Filling
- 2 potatoes – boiled
- 1 carrot – diced
- 200g fish – boiled
- ½ Onion
- 1 Green Chili (optional)
- ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Chopped curry leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil to Fry
For the Coating
- 2 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- For the pancakes, mix flour, salt, egg and water to make a smooth batter. Then take a non-stick frying pan and make small pancakes and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add ginger garlic paste, chopped curry leaves and carrots. Once the carrots cooked add the onions and green chili, then add the boiled potatoes and fish. Let it fry for few minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, keep desired amount of filling in the middle of the Pancake and fold the two opposite sides in (sides that constitutes the two ends of the roll), then roll and fold the pancake in a way that no filling is exposed.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl and coat the folded rolls in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with Tomato ketchup.