It was about few weeks after my little one’s first birthday, as I remember it was a Friday night and I fed him some rice little early as he was quite fuzzy on food during that time. Then I gave him a wash and he was all ready to go to bed, however as it was little early for him to go to bed I played one of his favorite cartoons on TV. While he was watching TV, me and my husband started having our dinner …. as my husband requested some Pasta I made Creamy Chicken Pasta for us.
After few minutes my son came to my husband and got into his lap to check what we were having for dinner. As Pasta was something new for him, he wanted to try it. So my husband gave him a pasta shell to his mouth to check the taste. He looked at my husband’s face and said ‘Yum Yum’. So my husband fed him little more even I said it was little bit too spicy to him.
It was so funny 🙂 to recall how he sounded while eating …. ‘Ahhh … OOoo …. sssss’ as it was way too spicy for him. However he didn’t want to stop till he finish quite a good amount from my husband’s plate 🙂 . On that day I realized that he loved eating Pasta …. and even today when I ask what are your favorite food? The second favorite in his list is Pasta (where he has unconditional love on Eggs, as it is on top of his most most favorite food all the time 😉 ).
Since then I make Pasta in different ways for most of the days in the month. Recently I made Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta and I’m more than happy to share the Recipe with you 🙂 .
I’m sure that, not only our little kiddos but, the whole family will enjoy this meal. Make it for tomorrow’s dinner / lunch and let me know how it was … what you think …. and your queries, I’m really happy to discuss.
Cheers!!! Happy Cooking 🙂
For the Pasta
- 500g packet of Pasta
- 1 Chicken Breast Fillet (Cut into small cubes)
- 1 small can of button Mushrooms (Cut into halves)
- 4 – 5 Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into quarters)
- 1 Capsicum (I used Red Coloured cut in length wise)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Green Chilly (Optional)
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
For the Creamy Sauce
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 liter Chicken Stock
For the Garnish
- Parmesan Cheese
- In a saucepan keep some water to boil, and once it is boiled add some Salt and Pasta, then drizzle some oil so it will prevent pasta shells getting stick to one another once boiled.
- In a Non-stick Frying pan heat some oil, once the oil is heated add the Ginger Garlic Paste (I made this at home by crushing a piece of Ginger with 4 – 5 cloves of Garlic with a mortar and pestle). Marinate Chicken with salt and pepper and add it into the frying pan.
- Once the chicken is cooked add all other vegetables except Cherry Tomatoes. After 2 – 3 minutes add the Cherry Tomatoes and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes before taking off from the heat.
- To make the Creamy Sauce, heat the butter in a small saucepan and once the butter is melted add the flour and mix it well with a wooden spoon. Then cook it for few minutes until the flour mixture comes together. Then add the Chicken Stock little by little and whisk thoroughly to prevent formation of any lumps. Once the sauce started to get thickened remove it from the heat.
- Fold the Sauce, Chicken and Vegetable mixture together with Pasta.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan Cheese when serving.